Review Policy

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Review: A Kiss In Time By Alex Flinn








Title: A Kiss in time


Author: Alex Flinn


Genre: Young adult






Summary:






Talia fell under a spell...Jack broke the curse.
I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic...
I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.
I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.
I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.
Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!
Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels...The good news: My parents will freak!
Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?



Review



First of all wowza this book was just everything I wanted it to be. It takes place first of in the 1700 century with Talia and tells of the tale similar to sleeping beauty on how she pricks her finger and sleeps. The story then jumps three hundred so years and thats where one of our main chracters Jack (awesome but slacker) Jack comes into it. He decided to skip his europe tour and ends up coming across a magical place where everyone seems to be asleep and not helping himself he wakes up Talia (Beautiful but bratty) princess. The story then properly starts with this whole adventure happeneing with Talia and Jack running off together to his own country, not by Jacks choice but because Talia is not on good terms with her family. The story is about Talia understand the meaning of a different century on how different it is compared to her own time, the story of Jack and Talia falling in love and how the evil witch Malvolia is still alive and set out on making sure that Talia goes back to her fateful life of sleeping, since she was not meant to wake up by Jack since he wasnt her actual true love.



The character were simply awesome in this story, I love them both. When normally in a story I strongly agree with one character more than the other. It was set in both points of view, and surprisingly I did not mind. Now normally I hate the boy and girl both having their own minds because I get so confused with them but I loved this because I wanted to know what both of them were thinking and feeling in different situations, Alex Flinn did a good job with that. Talia was the bratty princess, always getting her own way, and because of this she wants Jack, yet she dosent want her. You learn shes human though and she just wants to be able to want what any other human being can do instead of being bodyguarded all the time, you learn shes a very friendly person to everyone and seems to listen to Jacks and everyones problems shes also quite funny in parts because she isnt used to new technology thats been made. You can tell that she really cares about Jack aswell. I loved Jack to. He was totally laid back and not one of those annoying male leads that are horrible, arrogant or think their way better then anyone else. All Jack wants is his families attention, this is what makes him bring Talia home in the first place. Hes a real good friend and just wants to be able to do something he enjoys not do what his parents want him to do. Oh and I also loved his friend Travis, he cracked me up in some times how he was always obsessed with food. I loved his role for a friend.



All over this was a A+ for me. I love it so much I may well read it again sometime soon, it was such an enjoyable read. Didn't take me too long, and I can deffinetly see it becoming a film. It would make a great movie.



This is how I picture my princess Talia.






1 comment:

  1. luved the book too...yeah you're right it didn't take long...daing she would make the perfect Talia...but then jack has to be like an average high school kid wouldn't you say? has to be one that girls would say IS actually cute huh...

    ReplyDelete